Friday, May 19, 2006

Sleep

Wednesday was in general a bad day for Will. He hardly napped at all and by the end of the day he was literally shrieking. I think he may have been refluxing a bit more that day too. To top it off, I'm not sure he was getting enough to eat that day as well. All in all, my baby was not happy and it is so hard to see him like that. Here is a question: why do children fight sleep so much? When I worked in the daycare I would see it all the time where young ones would be so obviously tired yet they seemed to refuse sleep! The only "good" thing that came of this terrible day was that Will slept that night from 8:45pm until 5:15am! I couldn't believe that I did not hear a peep from him but I think he was just plain tuckered out. We did not achieve that same amount of sleep last night but he is doing a 9pm-3am stretch most nights. I should be grateful considering that there are some babies even older than Will who are still waking up 2-3x a night to eat-yikes! He also realy likes his crib at night. We put him down awake and he just coos to himself for about 30 minutes and then is fast asleep. Now if we could just work on achieveing naps like that during the day....
Here are some cute pics (aren't they all?) of Will. He was 8 weeks yesterday and will be 2 months old on Tuesday (23rd). How time flies.

No comments: