Friday, February 23, 2007

11 months old


Will is 11 months old today. About this time last year I was finishing working because it was almost impossible for me to lift children or walk anymore (and I had another month to go!) Will is changing so much. He babbles all day long, sings to the radio, and eats everything. We are trying a few ounce of whole milk with lunch now and he is loving it. The big news today was that Will took three steps on his own! My mom was walking with her hands under Will's armpits and he was coming towards me. She took away her hands and he took three steps. I about fell over from shock and we of course tried to make him do it again but to no avail. Mark and I spent about 15 minutes tonight trying to play the same "game" but nothing. Oh, well, all in due time.

Will looooves Elmo. Everything literally stops when that show come on and it also gives me at least 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, pick up the kitchen, etc. And no, I have no guilt whatsoever about him watching some tv-its a lifesaver sometimes! Will is also obsessed with the oven. Probably because we are trying to teach him to stay away from it (even though if he did touch it while on, it would just feel warm) so, of course, he must be near it. I think he is very in tune with the oven too. Last night I had to bake something in the oven. Will was playing with his Elmo table (very loud toy) and completely engrossed in what he was doing. I turned on the oven, which makes a tiny beep, and suddenly I hear him crawling around the corner. He sits there and stares at it like it is going to do something exciting-silly boy.

We can hardly believe that his one year birthday is only a month away. He is still so much a baby but growing up so much. He really is the sweetest, funniest, laid back boy I have ever met (and I have been around a lot of babies-and yes, I am biased) and he is the heart of our little family. We could not ask for more.

No comments: