A lot has happened over the past month-here are the highlights
- Celebrated my Grandma's 80th birthday with family
- Will visited a pediatric dentist (it was a free screening). Of course he did very well and the doctor said everything was developing fine. Will now has 12 teeth.
- Went to the Menomonee Falls parade (it is unbeleiveable how many people show up for it). I think Will enjoyed himself but it was a little loud with the sirens and the Tripoli cars zooming around very near to where we were sitting.
- July4th cookout with both sides of the family. The cousins had a wonderful time playing in the water table, pool and sprinkler.
- Visited Wirth pool in Brookfield for the first time. They have a zero depth pool that is awesome for little kids. My son, being the cautious boy that he is, really did not like the "pool" so much at first. After a few times of getting out and then back in, he was running over to dip his little toes in. By that time we had been there an hour and we had to go.
- Took Will down to Summerfest on Friday afternoon. He loved watching all the people and having the chance to "escape" the stroller to run around the new man-made island right off the Summerfest grounds. It is really nice and we had the perfect day to walk around the trails and see all of the boats.
- Birthday party at Gymboree for our friend Cayden (he turned 3!!!)
I can't believe that it is already the second week of July (only 7 weeks until I go back to work-yikes) I have really enjoyed being a stay-at-home mom this summer. Will is changing everyday. He is saying a few more words, growing like a weed (he can reach our counters already), and making us laugh allll the time. He is quite the performer for people he knows but a little shy when it comes to new people and places (quite like his mom and dad).
In other important news, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix opens this Wednesday and the new book comes out in only 12 days. I reserved my copy for the final (sniff) book yesterday. I am rereading the 6th book and am so anxious to see how the whole series will end. I can't wait to buy the complete set so that Will can read and enjoy the books as much as I have.
No comments:
Post a Comment