As many of you know, I work as a preschool teacher in a daycare center. Will attends the daycare with me this year on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. This has been my first week back and so far so good. The first day, Will cried for me as I left but today he was brilliantly distracted by his teacher with a new Barney CD and he actually waved goodbye to me as I left (sniff, sniff). I have been teaching for about 6 years and my co-worker (Megann Schnickel) brought up something that I have never thought of; these kids are brave. At our center, the children move into a different room, with new teacher, new toys, new routines and often times, new students. Basically, its a whole new world. One of our students woke up early from his nap yesterday and started crying. Megann tried to distract him but he was still a little upset. Heck, I would be too if I had come into a new room with people I had never met before and who told me to sleep in this strange environment and then to wake up in said new environment. I believe we might all freak out a little.
So, in a nutshell, my child and every child at Children's Community Center is braver than they know and most likely braver than most adults give them credit for (or understand).
No comments:
Post a Comment