Monday, April 20, 2009

Walking fiend


Action shot- going down.....

Drew started walking a few weeks ago (5-6 steps here and there) but the past few days he has really taken off. I now find him toddling into the kitchen while I am cooking or appearing in my doorway when I am trying to get dressed. For awhile, he was so proud of himself that he would start laughing so hard and make himself fall down. But now, his favorite thing is to turn-- and turn and turn until he looses his footing. Sometimes he looks like a drunken sailor and we all have a good laugh (sorry Drew.) It is so strange, exhilirating and sad to see him walk to where he wants to go. This is the beginning of even greater independence. He is still my baby though, even when he pushes my hand away so he can take off. Sigh....letting go starts now.


No comments: