Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A sad day indeed...


...because I believe the end of the nap is upon us. If you read my previous post, you know that I was beginning to toy with the idea of taking out Will's nap (again, she said unwillingly...). Last night, he was up until 9pm, calling us into his room for things. So, today I offered Will a choice. He could take a nap and go to bed at his regular time, or he could have "quiet time" in his room (ie. no nap) but then he would have to go to bed when Drew went to bed. Will chose to have quiet time, which he did for an hour in his room. He colored with his aquadoodle, read some books and looked at his baseball cards (see picture). He was still a little resistant to go to bed with Drew tonight but it is now almost 8pm and he is quiet.

As all mothers know, nap time is a glorious hour or two where we can get things done or just sit for a few moments without interruption. I still see some days where a nap will be needed but I think the everyday thing is caput. As long as Will has his "quiet time" then hopefully I can have some too! :)

1 comment:

Berrall Family said...

I'm completely dreading for this day to come and I know it's going to be here before I know it. Wow - I can't believe Will stayed in his room for an hour of quiet time. That's quite impressive!