Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

The day before Christmas Eve, we took some time to go visit Mark's Grandma, Eileen Kons (91 yrs. young) We were only there for about an hour, but the boys talked up a storm and I think they kept her quite entertained! :)

CHRISTMAS EVE DAY
Drew and Lari inspecting a present




Mark's cousin, Jason, plays for the Air Force football team. They are attending the Freedom Bowl in Louisiana and Linda had these jerseys made for the whole family so we could proudly show our support. Go Falcons!!


CHRISTMAS EVE
Throwing the special reindeer dust before leaving to go to church






Can't forget the cookies for Santa!


CHRISTMAS MORNING





THis year, my mom took Will shopping on his own so he could pick out some gifts for his mommy and daddy. For me, he chose a blu-ray of The Sound of Music (one of my all time favorite movies)...



...and for Mark, he chose a t-shirt that said, "stocking stuffer." MY mom told me she had tried to convince him to go with a Wisconsin Rose Bowl shirt instead, but Will was insistent on this. Mark wore it proudly to the Estes celebration later that day! :)





Drew looking at Toy Story 3



Will asked Santa for a Colts helmet...who knows why....
One of the most exciting parts of our Christmas morning was opening our doctor's envelope. We are having a ......GIRL!!! Mark and I had been talking previously and we both sort of thought it might be a girl but I certainly wasn't going to believe it until we saw it. There were some tears of joy (although, I can honestly say, that I would have been happy either way--seriously!) and lots of excited hugs from Will who now constantly talks about and to his sister. I am already envisioning purple walls in the bedroom....


CHRISTMAS DAY- The Estes clan--it took quite an effort to set the timer for this photo but we figured it out (after about 10 minutes of unsuccessful pics)








My sister is crazy and makes her own braided wrapping paper (only for small gifts, however)





















































No comments: