While watching Will play in his exersaucer yesterday I was overcome with a rush of emotions. Will was oblivious to my staring as he sat there and laughed, smiled and cooed at the Einstein building blocks but I was completely taken with feelings of love, pride, joy, happiness and peace. This little baby is becoming a person and he is a human being that I helped to create. I am so proud of him already. I am proud to be his mother. Proud that his father is such a good man and will be such a good example for Will as he grows up. I love Will like I never knew I could love another person-I always want what is best for the people around me but with Will, I want him to never have to know sorrow and heartache-impossible to achieve but nontheless what every parent wants for their child. I now understand how my parents feel about me and it is a great feeling to know I am loved that much.
Of course after these emotions ran through me, Will proceeded to spit up an enormous amount-probably the most ever! That's my guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment