Our entire family was away from home and eachother for the first time Thursday night. Mark and I went to the Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan for the night for our 2nd anniversary. It was much needed alone time (we realized we had not been on a walk and able to hold hands in a long time-we are always pushing a stroller or holding a baby). It was a very nice 24 hours. Will did pretty well staying with Grandma and Grandpa Estes. I knew he was in good hands but of course I called at least 5 times to check on him. He pretty much cried from the time we left(3:30 pm) until he went to sleep but he did sleep all night (7:30-6:30am) and Grandma said he was a perfect angel the whole next morning. I was very happy to see my baby when we returned. I never realized how much I thought about my child until I was away from him. While at the resort I read a magazine where Sarah Jessica Parker was interviewed about having a child. Basically she said that when you have a child you have this person in your life who you care about so deeply and think about all the time that is not your husband, boyfriend, etc. It doesn;t mean you love your husband any less but your child is always in your every thought. That was true while we were away. I guess we have officially survived being apart from our child but I don't think I want to do it again too soon (:
The impending return to work is hard enough. When i accepted the job, September seemed so far away, like a distant island in the ocean. At that time too, I thought that I would love the idea of going back to work (hey no one said the first two months of having a baby are a piece of cake) but now...I know I will miss Will immensely but I also know that it will be good for him to interact with other people and it will be good for me too. Only two more weeks.....
No comments:
Post a Comment