Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fun Before the Fourth







Today we attended the Mequon-Thiensville "Fun Before the Fourth" Parade. Ever since I can remember the city has celebrated the weekend before the official holiday. It definitely got me into the spirit and I have to admit that I was pretty excited to go to the parade. Having kids definitely ups the "cool" quotient of a local parade.

My parents were nice enough to have Will sleep-over Friday night so that I would only have to deal with getting Drew ready in the morning since I thought I would be attending the parade by myself (Mark had to work quarter close this morning). Luckily, Mark finished early and we were able to meet up with everybody. There were many ominous clouds in the beginning and a brief shower but then the clouds cleared way to blue, sunny skies and perfect parade weather. Will really enjoyed seeing all the firetrucks (although we had to cover his and Drew's ears when they ran their sirens-precious ears here firefighters!!) and of course...the candy. Drew slept through almost the entire thing and woke up during the last 10 minutes. It was a fun but exhausting day.

No comments: