Tuesday, August 26, 2008


We are still going potty around here. Yes, there is bribery involved (M&Ms seem to do the trick) and his sticker chart is helping. Will goes at least twice on the potty everyday and he is defintely learning what it feels like before it comes out (you can see the look on his face-he gets quite serious and looks down). We are working towards a family fun night at Stonefire Pizza when he gets 6 stickers (almost there).


I totally forgot to post about Drew's therapy session for his torticollis. He had his first one last week and he did very well. The therapist did some measurements and his head is becoming slightly misshapen (his right ear is lower than his left and his forehead on his right side is protruding a little farther than his left as well). The therapist assured me that it is nothing to worry about right now and that it should correct itself. The most important thing for Drew is tummy time and staying off of his right side. WE have put him on his tummy most of the time since he was born but I guess he needs even more. She showed me a number of stretches to do and he is doing awesome with his tummy time (really pushing up and holding his head a lot straighter). I feel like I have seen a difference in the past week. His therapist feels as though he doesn't necessarily have a tightening in the neck but more of a weak muscle that needs to be worked. I was surprised that she wants to see him every week for the next month or so, so that is where we will be Thursday mornings. Good thing about his session is that it wore him out so much that he slept for 2.5 hours. We will keep you updated on his progress

No comments: