Drew was 9 months on Monday and I am just getting around to posting about it. His doctor appointment went well. He is 24 lbs. 5 oz and 30 inches long. (above 90th percentile for both). I asked the doctor about his lack of babbling but he said to not worry about it until closer to 1year. We figure he has been so concentrated on moving and crawling that now he can focus more on "language." The funny thing is that whenever he is eating cheerios or puffs he makes all kinds of sounds; "aya, buba, etc." Here is Drew in a nutshell:
- He is a very happy baby but we are starting to see some personality "shine" through. He does not like to wait for food or have a toy taken away. He will let you know his displeasure.
- He hates to lay on his back-even for diaper changes and putting on his clothes. It is so bad now that i have to have someone help me or I need to lay him on the floor, in between my legs, to keep him from tunring over. I liken it to what it must feel like to try and wrestle a bear....exhausting
- He loves to chase balls.
- He has no fear (yikes). I fear I have the two extremes in my children. Will is super cautious and Drew touches, licks, stands, pushes, and climbs over anything willy nilly
- He strongly favors his left hand (not that he can't use his right) and uses it for everything from eating to rolling a ball.
- He has 8 teeth and would much rather eat what we are eating. The baby food is getting old already so we are indulging and giving him a lot of what we eat-he seems to be doing fine.
- He is constantly on the move-reading to him is almost impossible.
- WE can't imagine life without him. HE makes me laugh everyday with his craziness and zest for exploring. Our "Drewseph" and Will are the light of our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment