Sigh. Deep breath. It has been a rough few weeks in the jungle. Will and I are definitely having some issues, ie. he says "no" to everything I say (and the potty thing seems to be regressing-but that is another post). I am trying to ignore it, redirect, talk kindly, discipline, all the things you are supposed to do but hearing it all day, everyday, can take its toll. As a former preschool teacher (working with 3 year olds) I should have known this was coming. Everyone said that 3 was worse than 2 (yes, I know that Will is not yet 2 but he is only a month and a half away so he is basically 3) and I semi-beleived it. I think it is so much worse because Will can reason, and talk back and yell and say "I am not going in the naughty spot." ughhh!!!!
On a happier note, we attended Disney on Ice today. I proudly admit that I can't wait to go to Disney World with my kids. I even more freely declare that I teared up at the beginning when Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and the rest of the gang made their entrance (there was also a moment when they showcased all the Disney princesses and their songs and gosh darnit, Ariel's "Part of your World" does it to me everytime!) I was watching Will's face and he was so mesmerized/excited that I couldn't help but remember the magic that Disney can bring into a child's life. That is what is so great about children-they allow you to be as enchanted with life's simple things as they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment