Wednesday, March 04, 2009

New Things

Sickness has ruled our house for the past few days. Both Will and Drew started coughing on Friday and started running fevers on Sunday and Monday. They both seem to be doing better (no more fevers) but the cough is still lingering. Happily, they are not hacking their lungs out like the past few nights but I know a few people who have had this thing and it seems to linger for a while. Bummer.

Saturday and Sunday we tried underwear on Will. I am convinced that he could do it if he wanted to but he just doesn't want to. He only had one accident on Saturday and Sunday he had two (both number one and number two-not fun). Since he has been sick we put the underwear thing on hold for a little while. He is spending the night with my parents this weekend so we can paint our bathroom so that is another reason for the delay. Part of me is a little lazy about it (it is easier to change a diaper) but I have told myself that next week is the week!!! WE also decided on a preschool for Will and signed him up this week. He will be attending a Christian preschool twice a week starting in the September. I think it will be great for him and he seems very excited.

Drew has accomplished many things in the past week. He is now signing "more" and babbling more often. I think he is trying to say "mama" which usually comes out "mmmmma." He has started to let go of things and can stand on his own for at least 6 seconds. Just yesterday and today he has been cruising around the furniture and I have seen him contemplate trying to take a step to get to the next toy or piece of furniture. We'll see, we may have a first step in the next month.
Unfortunately, I have not taken many pictures the past week so I will be sure to post some new ones soon.

No comments: