Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Babbledebabble

Will is officially babbling. Of course this all started on Tuesday while I was at work. Its strange to hear him saying something other than "uhhhhh" over and over but very cool. Most of the time he is saying "dadadada" and then other undescernable phrases mixed with some lip movements that result in a lot of drool and spit. I swear that after changing his diaper this morning he looked at me and asked a question in Willspeak-it had intonation and a questioning furrowed brow.

Today I also tried having Will take a nap on his tummy-wow did that do the trick. I checked on him about every 5 minutes but he played on his tummy for a few minutes, layed his head down and got really quiet and the next thing I knew he was sound asleep. He startles so easily still so the tummy helps him. He probably would have slept longer but when I went to check on him and his face was sort of in the mattress so I tried to ever so gently turn his head a little more. Presto awake-o. The teachers at the daycare said that one day they put Will down on his back and found him on his tummy and today at school he ended up sleeping on his side soI know he can do it. Maybe we will try it again tomorrow...

No comments: