Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Tummy sleeper

Not the biggest of news (some of you have had tummy sleepers since they were 4 months old) but Will is now sleeping on his tummy most of the time. This is a big accomplishment (?) for us. Ever since Will was born he has slept on his back and had never moved. And I mean, we would put him down in one spot in the crib on his back and he would be in the exact same position in the morning-until about 3 weeks ago. We had been finding Will on his tummy and most times completely turned around at the foot of his crib in the mornings. I finally mustered up the courage to peek in on him last week (this is after a time about 2.5 month ago when I went in to check on him, opened the door, realized he was awake and looking at me in the door, I tried to close the door quickly and then spent the next 50 minutes trying to get him to go back to sleep) and he was on his tummy, curled up next to the crib bumper. I do not understand the lure of the tummy sleep (I am a side, semi-fetal position with one leg sprawled out and the other drawn up sleeper) but so far he has been getting 11-12 hours at night so we will take it. Good job Will (:

No comments: