It was a whirlwind of a trip but we just returned from seeing my "little" cousin, Megan, get married Saturday in Iowa. Since we knew it would be fast, we left Nora home with Grandma Kons. Drew woke up Saturday morning (at 5:45am) ready to go. We left about 6:40am, made two stops and arrived in Des Moines about 1pm. Luckily we were able to check in to the hotel right away.
This park was right outside the hotel (and our view from the 6th floor) so with some time to kill, we took the boys outside to run off some energy after being cooped up in the car for so long. As we walked through the lobby of the hotel, we noticed a man in the sitting area. Mark thought he recognized him as a pitcher for the Brewers from the 2008 season (Seth McClung). I agreed and encouraged Mark to go over and talk to him. It was him (he even had his 2008 Brewers sweatshirt on) and he was kind enough to chat with us for a few minutes. Even though I had the camera with me, we were a little star struck and I forgot to get a picture of the boys with him. How random to meet a Brewers pitcher..... in a hotel.... in Des Moines. Turns out he now plays for the Brewers minor league team and they had a game that afternoon.
My beautiful cousin and her husband, Aaron, after the ceremony
My second cousin, Donna, me, mom, Shell and Aunt Karen
Drew was busting a move on the dance floor. Will refused to dance.
My favorite picture from the night. Hope he still wants to dance with me on his wedding day!
Waddle cousins
The boys did really well with their first wedding. They were very tired, however, and we left around 8:45pm to head back to the hotel. Mark and Will bunked together on the pull-out couch in the suite and Drew and I took the king-sized bed. Now, some may ask why I got the king-sized bed but if you have to sleep with Drew you know why. He is the floppiest sleeper. I think I woke up about every hour to him moving around and I had to move him from the foot of the bed back to his pillow at least twice. About 5:55am, Drew informed me that he had peed on the bed (a result of the many beverages he consumed that day: juice boxes, water, kiddie cocktails, or as he called them, "kiddie cottontails," and lemonade.) We enjoyed a nice hotel breakfast and were back on the road by 8:40 am, anxious to get home to see our little girl and celebrate her first birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment