No, this is not a post about who I am voting for or what party I affiliate with. The election this year has me thinking (a rare occurence, right?) about so many things beyond the party rhetoric---and doesn't it seem as though that is what has happened to our political system: a whole bunch of postering about who is right and wrong, often times accompanied with mudslinging and stalemates because no one listens to one another. Its an "our way or the highway" mentality. I am so sick of the party lines, sick of feeling like I can't trust what any candidate says, sick of being made to feel that who I vote for could end the world. There are lots of things happening in my little spiritual world right now (perhaps another post) but one of my favorite bloggers/authors has said so eloquently what I can't. Please take a moment to read her post, to really think about it, and to pray that the world can start looking past the nonsense and start doing what we were made to do: help those that cannot help themselves.
Jen Hatmaker - The Election: Thoughts From a Christian Independent
No comments:
Post a Comment