Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thank you, pinterest


Pinterest has become a bit of an obsession for me.  There are just so many good ideas.  Most of those good ideas are sitting on my "board" (for those of you who understand pinterest speak) waiting to be implemented.  I saw this book shelf idea way back in the beginning of the summer--the bookshelves are actually IKEA spice racks.  Since we don't have an IKEA around here, I begged my sister to buy them for me.  She promptly persuaded her teacher best friend to go and get them for me (summer break, y'all) and they have been sitting in the playroom ever since.  Since the shelves are a little small, they don't fit a whole lot of books, but I plan to use my teacher experience and use them to rotate theme books.  Right now we have fall/halloween/thanksgiving.  Soon the shelves will be filled with winter/Christmas.  I would love to spraypaint the shelves brighter colors...maybe in another 4 months?? ;)

2 comments:

Berrall Family said...

I have those spice rack/shelves on my pin board, as well!! I would love to put those up in Amelia's room next to her bed and/or in the playroom with themes like you did. Cute! Hmmm...I need to find someone that's heading to IKEA.

Kons Chaos said...

Looks awesome, Carrie! Frankly, I am amazed at anyone who has the organizational skills to rotate in theme books, never mind about getting them painted.