When I picked him up one hour later (they only do an hour on the first day) he was still all smiles and said that his teachers, Miss Valerie and Miss Christine were "awesome." I think it might be a good year. Now if I can just figure out how to get Will to the bus stop by 8:30, get back to the house to drive to preschool and hope that I don't need to nurse a baby in between three days of the week, we will be golden...yeh, right.
Wednesday, September 07, 2011
Drew's big day!
My "baby" entered the world of school today. Okay, it is three year old preschool but it is school nonetheless. He will be somewhere without his mommy for 2.5 hours a day, three days a week. Now, I admit that I am not as sad as I thought I would be about this. I think that is mostly because the past week has been crazy trying to get into the new schedule of kindergarten and still trying to figure out how to manage two active boys and a 4 month old (does the "trying to figure it out" ever end?) Drew was very excited to finally go to his school, although he still wants to get on Will's bus every morning. Drew has some issues with transitioning into different situations so I had prepared him all morning, explaining that I was going to walk him into the classroom but that I would not be staying and I would pick him up after h eplayed for awhile. Well, he didn't even need me to walk into the classroom, he turned around, gave me a huge smile and said, "bye mommy!" Okay then.
When I picked him up one hour later (they only do an hour on the first day) he was still all smiles and said that his teachers, Miss Valerie and Miss Christine were "awesome." I think it might be a good year. Now if I can just figure out how to get Will to the bus stop by 8:30, get back to the house to drive to preschool and hope that I don't need to nurse a baby in between three days of the week, we will be golden...yeh, right.
When I picked him up one hour later (they only do an hour on the first day) he was still all smiles and said that his teachers, Miss Valerie and Miss Christine were "awesome." I think it might be a good year. Now if I can just figure out how to get Will to the bus stop by 8:30, get back to the house to drive to preschool and hope that I don't need to nurse a baby in between three days of the week, we will be golden...yeh, right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment