We bit the bullet and gave Nora her first taste of cereal on Saturday. Part of me did not want to start it because it makes things so much more complicated. Instead of just whipping out the boob, I have to now prepare food. But, I admit, that I was somewhat desperate to see if adding cereal to the mix might help Nora FINALLY sleep through the night. I figured I have not had a full night's sleep in about 10 months (lots of nighttime bathroom breaks during pregnancy). I am happy to report that while Nora seems to only sort of like the cereal, she slept through the night last night. And i mean, until 7:15am!! The few nights before she had been sleeping until about 4am which was a much longer stretch than in the past. We have also been giving her a bottle of breastmilk mixed with formula before bedtime and that seems to help her get through the night too. That is my one gripe with breastfeeding--you never know how much your child is eating. Let the food begin!!
No comments:
Post a Comment