Sunday, November 27, 2011

Polar Express

After a whirlwind weekend of Thanksgiving celebrations, we added to the craziness and took the  boys to Green Bay to experience a live version of The Polar Express.  I had heard about this program from some friends and when I saw the tickets go on sale in September I jumped at the chance, especially since they were already almost sold out.

The program is at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay.  The kids get to look at and go in old trains, watch a dramatic reading of the Polar Express, take a ride on a real train and end the event with a visit to Santa.  Similar to the movie, they start out with the conductors dancing and passing out hot chocolate.  It was fun but not sure I would do it again every year, especially since the boys are not over the top about trains.  But it was fun and I have to thank a friend who suggested we sit near the door on the train.  We only had to wait 10 minutes for Santa instead of 50 minutes.







No comments: